"I became more aware of my own restricted thinking and developed more - self-awareness and less judgement of myself and others."
NEXT MBSR COURSE
Venue: Miltown Malbay Community Centre AND Online via Zoom
Date/Time: Tuesday 14th September for 8 weeks from 6:30-9:00pm
Includes one-day silent mindfulness retreat: Saturday 16th October from 9:30 am-4 pm.
Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) course introduces participants to different forms of mindfulness practice including; sitting meditation, mindful eating, awareness of physical sensations and gentle mindful movement. Research shows that mindfulness helps manage stress, anxiety, depression, illness, pain, improve performance and lead to significant improvements in well-being.
Throughout the course, you will be consciously and systematically working with your own stress, pain and illness - and the challenges and demands of your everyday life. You will develop an awareness of automatic pilot, habitual patterns, awareness of thoughts, emotions and physical sensations. This awareness provides the opportunity to engage with life in a different way and is the foundation upon which new perspectives are built. As the emphasis is on bringing mindfulness into everyday life, home practice and journaling are also important aspects of the course.
A safe and supportive environment will be created for this work and learning through:
- Guided instruction in mindfulness meditation practices.
- Gentle stretching and mindful yoga.
- Group dialogue and discussions aimed at enhancing awareness in everyday life.
- Individually tailored instruction.
- Daily home practice of 45-60 minutes.
- Personal reflection through journaling.
- Practical home assignments.
The course includes:
- 8 x 2 hour 30-minute classes.
- A full-day retreat from 9:30am-4pm.
- An initial conversation to determine if this is the right course and the right time for you, as this is an intense course in Mindfulness Meditation requiring a daily commitment to practice 45 minutes. Students need to commit, for 8 weeks, to integrating mindfulness into their lives.
- CDs and workbook to support your practice.
Cost: €300 p.p. includes sessions, journal & CDs, day retreat, lunch.
Concessions are available contact to discuss.
Accreditation / CPD: A certificate of attendance shall be provided.
To book your place email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 086-8102770
"Sue is an enthusiastic facilitator who is very passionate about meditation and mindfulness. This course allows you to look at your life both inside and outside of work from a different viewpoint and helps you to re-evaluate what's important. Great practical methods taught to help you cope with what life throws at you." - Eilis
"Sue has a deep understanding of mindfulness, can demonstrate it well and has a nurturing spirit. She incorporates mind, body and soul to gently guide you along the path to greater awareness." - David
"The course is extremely professional, well thought out, structured and thoroughly enjoyable. Considering the world we live in today, with all the modern stresses, I believe that everyone would benefit from participating in a course of this nature. I found Sue to be an expert in this field, extremely capable and knowledgeable. She has a lovely manner, is most approachable and considerate with a good injection of humour." - Deirdre
Pre-course interview & Approach